Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Azarath - Praise The Beast Review




Release Date: May 25th 2009
Record Label: Deathgasm Records(USA)/Agonia Records(Europe)


Azarath is one of those bands who gets alot of attention because of their members rather then the quality of their music, and in this case it is just fucking shameful if you ask me.
For most hardcore death metal freaks this cd has probably been on the radar for awhile, but if you aren't one of those freaks, then you may have not heard of these guys. The album begins with summoning the tried and tested thunder and satanic chanting intro before you get skullfucked by the chugging riffwork of "I Hate Your Kind", with it's frantic pickwork and on the spot drumming!!
The militaristic cadence of the drums early in the song are a nice touch.
There are quite a few standout tracks on this album, the title track is a furious, evil-as-fuck monster which got played over and over throughout my time listeing to this record.
The album as whole is definately a monster and has received heavy play in my daily rotation.While most of their polish counterparts have become more polished Azarath remain obscure and and "Praise the Beast" is a very convincing effort.
Inferno continues to prove that he is the best drummer in death metal as his playing is spot on and tight as fuck throughout the whole album.
The vocals are layered in spot but they work well spitting out satans fury!
Of course it is anything but groundbreaking as the album definately isn't reinventing the wheel.
If
I was asked to describe this record to someone, I'd say that it very much reminds me of Krisiun, or even polish countrymen Vader with some blackened areas
à la Incantation.
So overall, I would say this is a VERY solid release and easily one of my favorite death metal releases this year if not my favorite. I look forward to the next album.
If you want modern death metal done right, then you definately need this.

                                                                                                 8.5/10

review by B.S.O.G

No comments:

Post a Comment